I spent time editing a previous project, a Magazine, changing the color scheme and design.
PROCESS (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles)
- I started with a rough idea of what I wanted for the magazine. I first created several sketches.
- I took several elements that I had created in InDesign to help create a good layout.
- I took several pictures for the project (everything in this is done by me except for the words).
- I created the cover for the magazine in Photoshop.
- I chose my fonts for body copy and added headers and aligned them with the images.
- I created my rough draft for class (BlakeBrustMagazinedraft) and I received critiques for my project which made me try to add more common elements throughout the entire issue. I created the same color scheme between the cover and the inside of the magazine.
- I then exported the magazine as a pdf to share.(BlakeBrustMagazinefinal)
- For my final project I decided to create an extra design by changing the color scheme and design of the project.(BlakeBrustMagazinefinal#2)
I met with several of my classmates and I received mixed reaction of my first draft. It was suggested that I adjust the colors to match an overall theme. I learned that it was a good idea also to draw peoples attention to certain words first then the rest of the page. By making everything aligned in the same way it gave more balance to the magazine as a whole.
Instructor Critique: I received advice from my instructor to make more connections between the cover and the inside pages so that everything flows. I changed the cover a bit color wise and added some yellow circles to give it a bubbly feel. I also added more bubbles on the inside pages but they are more faded.
To catch peoples attention who want to make a change in their life. Smiling is a cure.
People of all ages. The design is more targeted towards preteens.
TOP THING LEARNED
When creating a magazine you need to keep the colors and fonts schemes the same throughout to give the magazine a sense of unity. If not it would just look like a bunch of random pages put together.
COLOR SCHEME & COLOR NAMES
Magazine 1- Complementary// Purple and Yellow
Magazine 2- Complemenary// Orange and Blue
TITLE FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Blackoak Std// Decretive Serif
COPY FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Futura // Sans Serif
THUMBNAILS OF ANY ORIGINAL, UNEDITED IMAGE(S) USED IN THE PROJECT